The UC Institute for Prediction Technology (UCIPT) studies real-world problems at the intersection of psychology, public health/medicine, and technology. UCIPT bridges together researchers across University of California campuses to study how data from social media, wearable devices, and online technologies can be used to predict real-world events in areas like health and medicine, politics, crime, education, and finance. While our work is broadly focused, most of our day-to-day work is with the UCLA Center for Digital Behavior in the UCLA Department of Family Medicine.
Under the direction of the Principal Investigator and Research Manager, the Research Coordinator will be responsible for day-to-day operations of assigned research projects and writing briefs related to research. Organize and monitor research activities, monitor students and volunteers, and maintain study files. Ensure timelines are met. Conduct community outreach efforts. The Research Coordinator will also conduct statistical analyses on current and future research projects, and write up the research results into manuscripts, briefs, and grant applications.
The ideal candidate will be extremely organized and detail-oriented. Must have a minimum of a Bachelor's Degree and greater than two years of research and/or work experience. Demonstrated knowledge and skill in current and emerging internet and social media platforms.
- Excellent writing skills; ability to confidently and independently write research manuscripts and briefs that will convey research to local clinics and organizations
- At least 3 years of research experience carrying out behavioral interventions
- Demonstrated knowledge and skill in the use of social media platforms
- Demonstrated statistical analysis skills in order to analyze research results to determine study outcomes
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships
- Willingness to work or respond to participant requests/emails on evenings and weekends
- Organizational skills to maintain records and coordinate other tasks as required.
- Ability to communicate with others about sensitive behavioral issues, including drug use and criminal behavior, and frequency of high-risk behaviors.
- Bilingual English/Spanish a plus
- Experience in data entry and cleaning
- Experience working with substance abusers and/or with HIV-positive populations
Please submit your résumé, a cover letter, and writing samples to: email@example.com